Monday, September 27, 2010

Single Skein September: Single Skeins Baby Vest













I have finished up my Single Skeins Baby Vest.  I love it!  I had a lot of yarn left over in both the blue and the brown so I am currently working on a matching hat.  I'll post the whole set soon enough.

I might add some cute buttons to the shoulder, but right now it is closed with snaps, so the buttons would be purely decorative.

The pattern is the Cabled Baby Vest by Whitney Van Nes of the Purl Bee.  It's free on the Purl Bee blog. 

I liked the pattern a lot, although I wish it was available in PDF form.  I copied it into word to print and it took up around 30 pages.  I got rid of some photos and changed the formatting and it still took around 20 pages.  That's a lot of pages for a tiny baby vest.

I also felt like the vest could be longer.  I added one extra cable as it was, but easily could have added more.  Oh well, it was meant to be a tiny size and it is!

This is my fifth Single Skein September project.  I have another to show you (tomorrow) and will definitely finish the matching hat before the month is out.  It feels like it has been a very productive knitting month for me.

My project page is here.

Enjoy a few more pics!













No comments:

Post a Comment