Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Wood Mist Baby Sweater

Hi there,

Just a quick post to show you my Wood Mist Baby Sweater.  It is knit with Pancake and Lulu Organic Merino Worsted (yum, yum) and Cascade 220 in a natural white.

I am part of the Pancake and Lulu Yarn Club this year, so every month yummy organic yarn shows up in my mailbox.  This colourway (Wood Mist) was so gorgeous as it knit up, I wanted a special way to use it.














I'd also been interested in trying a sweater with this sort of yoke neckline.  A baby sweater was the perfect place to try out this style.

The pattern I used is the Green Zebra Baby Sweater.  It's a free pattern!

I didn't do the intarsia button band, but went back and picked up stitches later.  It seemed a little too complicated to me.  I also did this in reverse stockinette, which really showed the colour nicely I think.













The sweater is bigger than I expected, way bigger than 3 months as I expected.  Three years maybe!  Oh well, a baby always grows into things!

Here is a close up of the colouring













I enjoyed this type of yoke and would like to do some more in the near future.

The Sheep Yoke Baby Cardigan (free!) and Ella Funt are two great examples for babies while I also love  Cityscape and the Freyja Sweater for adults.

This project doesn't count for Single Skein September since I started it in August.  Oh well, I'm glad to have it off the needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment