Friday, November 26, 2010

This morning...

This morning I saw one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  Ever. 

I wish we had better photographs, but the whole thing just happened so fast.

Our family of deer, all together, wandering down the road in front of our house. 

The photo shows four deer, but there was a fifth as well.  Two babies and three adults, likely mamas.  They were walking in perfect single file, with the babies protected between the adults.  Just the way it should be.













We have been worried about our deer since hunting season just finished and this year we saw several hunters.  Now we know they are okay.

This is just one of the reasons I love living here.  This neighbourhood, this house, this life, it all continues to take my breath away.

1 comment:

  1. That is beautiful!! I'm so glad you didn't lose any of your deer during hunting season. I was worried about ours as well, we only lost 2. It's so sad beacause they almost become a part of the family since you see them every day. They sure are amazing creatures to behold.

    ReplyDelete