Thursday, December 23, 2010

Almost TTCing (June, 2010)

Just before Alain and I started TTCing we spent a week away together. If you remember, Alain was away for work, and I went with him for a week. I got to relax and knit. We had such a great time together and totally reconnected.

Halfway through the week I knew I was ready to start trying for a baby, and we talked about it a little bit. I'd been off the pill for nearly a year and throughout that time we always used a different form of contraception. I always maintained that although an accidental pregnancy wouldn't be the worst thing to happen, I felt that it was important for us to make the choice to bring a baby into the world.

On our trip though, it became clear that it was getting harder and harder for us to continue to use contraception. There just didn't seem like there was any reason to do so anymore.

I went home, leaving Alain to continue working for another 2 weeks. Obviously, there wasn't much opportunity for us to start TTCing yet, but I was dying to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment