Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Product Review: Cadoozles Pencils

Today while I was working, I was inspired to write a quick product review.  This is a product I use day and and day out and continue to love: Cadoozles Mechanical Pencils!



These pencils are simple enough, but to me, the quality and fun factor totally make these pencils to keep on hand.

The pencils are made by Zebra and are short mechanical pencils, in the style of a real pencil.  Mine measure about 5 inches and use 0.7 mm lead.  Yep, you heard me.  They are refillable.  All you need to do is pop the eraser off and you can easily refill these when the run out of lead. 

One of the most important factors in a good pencil the eraser.  What's the point of using a pencil if it can't be easily erased?  You know what I'm talking about, so many erasers are just crap.  They smudge your mistake all over the page and make everything look awful.  The erasers on Cadoozles are really great.  No smudging at all.

Of course, I love the cuteness of these pencils too.  There are lots of different patterns available.  I've gotten two sets and one was similar to above, while another set had more boyish prints.  There are also standard yellow and black casings, for those who don't like smiling as they use their pencils (grumpy pencils users... you know who you are).  My guy prefers those ones for sure.

I use these pencils for all kinds of stuff.  I use them for my job, all my notes are made with these pencils.  I use them for grocery lists, things to do lists and knitting notes too. 

I have never worn out the mechanical lead contraption, but I have worked my way through an eraser or two.  If you use the eraser too much, you will wear it away and the container holding the lead will become exposed.  If you turn your pencil upset down with the container exposed, your lead might fall out.  As soon as the eraser was worn through, I knew it was time to get a new pencil.  No problem though, the Cadoozle pencils are sold in packs of 10 pencils and often include a few free bonus pencils.  I saw on 28 pencil pack online that I would love to receive for Christmas!

Here in Canada I found my Cadoozles at Staples.  They cost less than $5..  I'm pretty sure they are widely available in most major office supply stores.  That 28 pack I mentioened before is available at Amazon for $7.72 US.  I think that's a pretty good deal.

Photo Credit: Office Store Addition














If you're in the market for some mechanical pencils.  I highly recommend these ones.


***I think I am supposed to have a disclaimer when I do a product review, so here it goes... I have not been paid or compensated for reviewing the products listed in this post.***

No comments:

Post a Comment