Monday, January 31, 2011

First Trimester Pregnancy Journal: Week 11

This is the week I finally told my parents and sister the big news.  It was very hard keeping this a secret so long. 

My sister and I are very close, and I have spent the past 8 weeks feeling like I was lying to her about this huge thing in my life.  Still, Alain and I were determined to be able to tell everyone in person, and with Christmas so close, it only made sense to wait.

Here are the photos of us "telling" my family.  I really think that they say it all. 

We wrapped up a onesie for each of them and gave them as soon as we arrived.  Apparently we both looked very excited while giving our gifts, which sort of gave us away.  Oh well!









































Everyone was very excited, as I think the photos convey.  We'll get those onesie's back sometime before the baby is born so he / she can wear them. 

The plan backfired a little in that my mom asked if we were having triplets.  Um.  NO!  Thank goodness.

If you zoom in on the photo you can see that each onesie says something about the person who received it:

"I love my Grandpa"
"Nuts about Grandma"
"My Auntie is Awesome"

We lucked out and found these all at Carter's in one trip.  I think they were about $7.00 CDN each.

1 comment:

  1. That is such a cute idea! When I was married, I emailed my (then) husband a picture of the pregnancy test since he was stationed elsewhere. My fiance's sister took a picture and framed it for her parents. This by far more cute :)

    ReplyDelete