Sunday, April 10, 2011

Baby Shoes

I made these a little while ago. They were my first real project to try to get me back into sewing.

They are supposed to be reversible, but didn't end up that way.  I'm sure it was an error that I made, rather than an error in the pattern.  I'm pretty sure I used this free pattern.

I like the Stardust Baby Shoe Pattern a little better I think (also free).  I did a pair of those way back when (I was just pregnant... did I even know I was pregnant yet?).  I talked about them in this blog post.

Anyways, while I like the sweater shoes better, they were a lot harder to do.  I made them first, and the sweater I chose was thicker and harder to work with.  From now on I will probably make a fabric version first, and then make a felted sweater version for projects like this.  The pink sweater pair took me most of the afternoon (not including cutting out the pieces), but the second pair from fabric took only a little more than an hour.



























I have absolutely no idea if these will actually fit the baby, or when.  They both seem big to me, but I have no idea idea how big a baby's feet actually are!

I guess we'll see!

1 comment:

  1. Super cute! I had to laugh at your comment about sizing - I've knit a few pairs of baby slippers, and I have NO sense of when/if they will fit the baby.

    ReplyDelete