Saturday, April 30, 2011

Nursery Sewing - Citrus Curtain

Is a non-functional curtain still called a curtain?  I'm not sure... Regardless, I have finished this non-functional curtain for the nursery.  Well, I guess it does serve a minor function, it hides the not-so-attractive blackout blind and I feel it brings a nice pop of colour to the window and wall.













This was a pattern of my own creation.  I lined the fabric, which was quite thin, with white fabric so that it wouldn't be sheer when the sun was shining.  The yard of fabric I bought wasn't wide enough for the whole window, so I had to piece a few pieces together.  I had initially wanted a small ruffle along the bottom, but the geometric pattern didn't lend itself well to that, and I felt it would have looked sloppy. 















I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.  It is quite simple, but that's okay.  This is the last of my biggest sewing projects, although I still have many wet bags to make between now and when the baby comes.





No comments:

Post a Comment