Friday, February 19, 2010

Hittin' the Road

We're hitting the road and heading to my hometown for the weekend.  We are also heading into Toronto to see the King Tut Exhibit at the AGO (Art Gallery of Ontario) and for dinner and a show with my family.

I don't want to not blog while we're away, so I'm going to try setting up a few posts to auto-post.  We'll see how that goes.

When I return I will have 10 hour worth of knitting veggies (from the car trip) and a serious case of exhaustion.

My husband and I are both stressed about the trip, there is a lot going on in our work lives right now and we'd prefer to huddle up here for the weekend, but that's just not an option.

I promised I'd post about my Pointed Kitty, so here is a photo at least:















I did most of the prep work and sewing over one night, so this is a quick project.  Sewing on the stripes and the eyes and nose by hand took a little longer, especially since I was waiting for the felt to come in.

I think she turned out pretty well.  The face makes all the difference, before I added the face my husband thought she was a rhinoceros! 

I've linked the tutorial page for Pointed Kitty above.  The pattern is by Hillary Lang of Wee Wonderfuls.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute kitty! I can see why he thought it was a rhinoceros before the face went on, lol.

    ReplyDelete