Friday, February 5, 2010

tangerine, ink, green tea... and stressing.

I actually heard something about a job that I applied from yesterday.  I have made it over the first of many hurdles!

So far, my online applicatation was "screened in" by the resumé reading computer.  I have been selected to complete a take home exam which will help a real person to further determine whether I am capable of doing the job. 

The exam consists of 7 questions (on a topic I know nothing about).  I'm a researcher, and that is the type of job I am applying for, so I need to research the questions and write a short essay to answer each one.  The test is supposed to take about 35-40 hours (yikes!) and that's a little overwhelming to me.  It's due in 20 days.

If I pass the test I will have an interview and another test.  THEN maybe they will consider offering me the job.

It's good news, but I have my work cut out for me.  I can do it, it'll just be hard.  It would be great if it worked out, I'll keep everyone posted.  It's going to be a long process though, it always is when applying to the government.... I think the job is supposed to officially start in September.

Everytime I get stressed about the exam I think about my yummy yarn from Pancake and Lulu.  It's become a bit of a mantra for me... tangerine, ink, green tea.... Is that weird?

No comments:

Post a Comment