Thursday, March 25, 2010

Betz White

I have recently become enamoured with Betz White.  Have you heard of her?  I won't post images of hers here (she respectfully requests that bloggers don't), but you should truly check out her blog and her books.

A recent blog entry I particularly love is about her Pussy Willow Rainbow.  I love springtime pussy willows and as soon as I got home I set out to make myself a bunch of felted balls for my own Pussy willow rainbow.

That project is still in progress, so I won't go into too much detail until I am sure it works out! More about Betz for now:

Betz is a knitter, a sewer, a designers and a thrifty mama.  Her claim to fame is recycling old sweaters into some truly amazing things. 

Cupcake Pincushion Pattern available in her book Warm Fuzzies
Squeak and Spike Mouse and Hedgehog Pattern (for Purchase)
Zippered Bird Pouch (for Purchase)

You may have seen her on Martha or perhaps you've seen her work on a box of Kleenex

She has a great shop on etsy, check it out!

Her blog is full of a lot of great inspirations, tutorials, free patterns and patterns to purchase.

I wouldn't be surprised if I hit up a thrift store this weekend seeking some wool sweaters to felt.  I already emailed my mom to see if she has any for me and I ordered her two books from the local library.

Betz has been blogging for a while, so make sure you check the archives, not just the most recent stuff.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment