Monday, March 15, 2010

Bicycling for Two?

A big part of my pre-pregnancy plan includes getting in better shape. Aside from walking our dogs, I get pretty much no exercise. I don't mind that at all, but I know that if I want to be fully prepared for having a baby, I need to get my body ready for the changes and stresses a pregnancy will bring.

This weekend we bought me a bike! It's not just any bike, well, at least not to me. This is the very first brand new bike I have ever owned! I also haven't riden a bike in almost 15 years, but hey, that saying really is true - riding a bike is something you never forget how to do.

As you can see, there is still lots of snow. The roads are clear, but for now I am a fair-weather rider (at least until we get mudflaps) and since it started to rain immediately following this photo, we didn't get to go for a ride today. I did ride up and down the driveway, which is pretty long, but it's really not the same thing.

Don't worry, we fully intend to get helmets, but I was also using the phototaking opportunity to show off my new hat. It is the Side slip cloche by Laura Irwin. The pattern is found in Boutique Knits.

No comments:

Post a Comment