Monday, March 1, 2010

Easterish thoughts.

It's not quite spring here, but Easter is just around the corner and I am in the Easter mood.

I don't have my own baby to share Easter with this year, but my 'niece' is celebrating her first Easter and I am ready to shower her with Easter goodies.

I have already knit her Susan B. Anderson's Bunny Hat to get her thinking about bunnies and everything nice for Easter.




















Mary is 8 months old, too young for chocolates and sweets, but I think I can still come up with a lot of great Easter toys and gifts without resorting to chocolate.
I've been working on Dotted Chickens (also Susan B. Anderson) for the Itty Bitty Easter Swap. So far I am enjoying the pattern.

I think I will branch out a bit and knit Mary a Spring Chicken for her Easter basket, and maybe a few knit Easter Eggs. Both of these patterns are quick to knit and can be done using scrap yarn from other projects. They are also free. Spring Chicken is free on Ravelry while the knit egg pattern is available here.
Both patterns are knit flat and seamed up. The knit egg has a plastic egg inside to hold it's shape. Maybe I'll also throw some bells and rattle balls in there too for some noisy fun.
 
Does anyone out there have any other baby friendly Easter Basket ideas?  Please share them with me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Hi - I found your blog through Ravelry and I am surprised by how much we like the same kind of knitting. I just knit two of the bunny hats for my grandbabies and I also plan to knit those easter eggs this month as well. I also love the bunny cozy on the same website as the easter eggs. What a great idea to add bells and rattles to the eggs!
    I look forward to reading more about your knitting in the future.

    ReplyDelete