Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Reversible Bucket Hat

This week I purchased Betz White's Reversible Bucket Hat pattern.  It was only $8 and I know I can get a lot of use out of it.  Hats for gifts, hats for babies, hats for adults, the possibilities are endless.

I was very happy with the pattern.  It was easy and well written.

I learned how to do topstitching on the hat, and it totally makes the hat, if-I-do-say-so-myself!

This version is for Mary's Easter Basket, I chose the Cloud9 fabrics flock (with the birds) and blue yonder (with the clouds).  These patterns aren't totoally girly, but I hope Mary's mom will like the hat anyways.

I love that the hat is reversible, so you can have two totally different looks.

Since I was using a lightweight cotton, I used heavy fusible interfacing on the brim and a lighter weight fusible interfacing on the crown and sides.  The interfacing gives the hat a nice body and helps it hold shape. 

I'm so excited with the final results.  I adore this hat (and kind of want to keep it...), but, it's headed to the Easter basket just the same.  I'm happy with the final results of the Easter basket as well.  LOTS of handmade stuff in there.  I only bought two things (besides the basket itself), a book and some fisher price little people.  I'll share a few photos of the basket when it's all done.

For now, here's the hat!














The inside peaking out...














I'll need to get my husband to help me with the photos, these just do not do the hat justice.  It's super, super cute.

2 comments:

  1. love the fabric.. c would use a new bucket hat:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you did such a great job. Dylan could use a hat like that for our beach trips. I'm looking into this pattern!

    ReplyDelete