Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Swap Package

I want to tell you all about the fabulous package I received from Tonia (Luv2stch) in our Itty Bitty Easter Swap on Ravelry.

There is so much to talk about and everything in it is so amazing! I could not have asked for a better package.

Tonia sent me 3 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca for me to knit Susan B. Anderson's Bunny.  I love this yarn, but it is not readily available in Canada and has always seemed like a bit of a splurge to knit with in a project just me (we never splurge on ourselves do we?). I have been wanting to use it for a while though, and Bunny is the perfect project.














Tonia also knit me the Bunnytail hat. The hat is great. I love the colours and the yarn is soft. She used Plymouth Encore in a colour way that changes from light green to white to light yellow and back to white.
 The colour changes are subtle, but that's what I love about it. Tonia used a yarn that is washable too, I always worry about using yarn that can’t be washed in the machine for baby stuff.





















Tonia also provided me with a tonne of unique and useful goodies.  Here are just a few:

The Umbrella shaped  tape measure and stitch marker are really cute.  See all the little notes she attached to everything?  Very cute!














Square Kollage DPNs to try out (3.75 mm, a great size for knitting toys!) and a pretty tea towl. I have been interested in trying these square needles. I love my knitpicks, but my hands often hurt (this worries me because I’m only 29 and my hands shouldn’t hurt yet!). I’ve heard the square needles are great for sore hands.














Lots of candies and chocolates.  The whole box smelled like chocolate when I opened it up.

















A Chicken candy dispenser is really funny. I haven’t tried it yet, but I’ll make sure to take some photos of his candy trail.














There were some other little things too that I didn't get good photos of:  Local chocolates, a small handmirror made by her neighbour and a lantern moon bag.

Here is what it looks like all put together:




 






 


Wow! That's a lot of stuff!

Thank you so much Tonia for spoiling me so!  This is such a nice "Knitter's Easter Basket".

Excuse me, I have some yarn to go play with!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa - great job on the blog! So glad you are part of our Itty Bitty Knits family - Tonia is just the BESTEST! I love everything! I am sure you had a fabulous Easter due to the group, the swap and Tonia! Much love from "the ranch" - Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that yarn is the best! But you already know of my love for it. The bunny was such a fun knit, you'll love it.

    How fun though! I want to participate in the next swap.

    ReplyDelete