Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Updates

We had a lovely weekend filled with sunshine. 

We visited Mary and her Mom and Dad on Friday and I gave her my the mostly-homemade Easter basket I have been working on for the past few weeks.














It was a big hit with both Mary and her parents.














I was a little worried about the hat not fitting.  I made the Baby size of this pattern by Betz White.  It fits perfectly for now, but I will likely make another hat for the summer.  Mary is 9 months now and the next size available for the pattern is toddler, which should do just fine.

It was record-breaking warm every day of the weekend and gloriously sunny.  My husband picked up his new bike on Thursday and we went for a ride every day of our long weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday).  We rode just under 20 kms this weekend, which I think is a good start.

We visited my sister who came into town for lunch on Saturday and I got a much needed haircut.

Sunday we celebrated Easter with Alain's family and had a great lunch with lots of homemade pie.

We wrapped up the weekend with our first dip (this season) in our hottub.  It needs a little bit of TLC for us to operate it all summer (it is leaking somewhere!), but we're hopeful we can get it patched up soon.

We also walked the doggies, watched an amazing movie and I did some knitting.  I am working on wrapping up a big project for Kimberly (AKA Cathcart, my knit gift buddy) so I can't post photos yet or it won't be a surprise.  I'm happy with how it is turning out though.

I did a little sewing, but mostly did the prep cutting for over 30 clothe wipes with my new rotary cutter.  I also tried out those square needles Luv2stch sent in my Easter swap package.  I'm going to have a few product reviews soon.

Lot's of goodies are coming my way in the mail over the next week or so.  Lots to keep me busy with my projects and the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment