Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Books!

I feel as though I am bursting with news and new projects to share. It was a busy weekend. I have had more yarn coming the mail, bought lots of fabric to play with and stocked up on some great kids books and pregnancy prep books.

We visited a yard sale put on by a local nursery school. It was a great place for books including these great finds:














Each Peach Pear Plum: I love this book!  It is an eye-spy book with a fun little rhyme and it includes all your favourite fairy tail and nursery rhyme characters.  This is a board book so it's great for little ones.  I read it to my husband in the car on the way home, squealing the whole time.

What a deal for 25 cents!















Farmer Brown Shears His Sheep is a great, colourful book about a farmer who shears his sheep.  Then they are cold without their wool.  I won't give away the ending, but Farmer Brown comes up with an obvious solution to warming up his sheep.  What a great find!

These are the pregancy prep books we found (50 cents each):



















I think we have the whole "What to expect" series now.  I am especially excited to read Baby Minds.  It is supposed to give a whole bunch of games, etc. to encourage brain development.  Love that!

I found a few baby clothing items too.  I try not to get too much of this stuff yet, because obviously we don't know the gender of the baby (since there isn't one yet!), but it was dirt cheap so I picked up a few cute things.

I have lots more to post, so I'll be back soon.  I promise!

2 comments:

  1. I would also recommend looking into the book "A Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" by Vicki Iovine. I found this easy to read and a nice perspective from other moms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also recommend A thinking woman´s guide to a better birth

    ReplyDelete