Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A few FOs

I have a few FOs to share.  All of these can be seen in my projects on Ravelry, but I realized that I haven't actually shared them here on the blog.

Here we go:


I liked this pattern a lot, although I would recommend placing markers to avoid counting.  The markers were especially helpful during the decreases.  The pattern is free.

I used Berroco Jasper (striping) and Malabrigo Worsted (navy).  Both were great.  I love the way the Jasper striped for this project.  I knit it on 3.75 mm needles, which is a little small for the aran yarn.  It will be very warm though.

I wish I had a baby to model the hat.  The coconut just isn't cutting it!





I finished this guy last week and just never got around to sharing.  I love the bunny.  It's not his fault he is knit from cotton that makes my hands feel like they are bleeding.  It's nice cotton so I know it's not the yarn, sadly, it is me.  I can't do cotton.  I absolutely cannot do cotton toys!

I got bunny dirty during his photoshoot.  I need to be less ambitious with my photos I think!





These turned out okay.  They didn't felt as well as I'd hoped.  I might need to make other felting arrangements for future pairs of these.  I put them in my front loading washer for almost 6 hours!  Yikes!



They are a belated Mother's Day gift and will head off to her this weekend.



I purchased this pattern last week after a bit humming and haw-ing.  I could definitely knit this hat without the pattern.  I have the book 100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet by Lesley Stanfield for the flower and butterfly.  It would have been fairly simple.  I ended up buying the pattern because I know that the designer Kate Oates is trying to make a moderate living with her designs.  She's a nice girl and I often see her chatting in the forums.  The idea is hers and although I could knit it without her specific instructions, I would still be stealing her idea.

I'm not always hardcore regarding patterns.  I borrow ideas and incorporate them into something new all the time. Mostly I try to support the designers that I can see actively on Raverly, that I can approach if I want to. 

Wow, that's a big blurb regarding this little hat.

I like the way it turned out.  The pattern was well written and easy too.




The Caramilk Ruffled Soaker is from the Ruffled Skirted Soaker pattern.  It is so cute and free.

I used Universal Yarn Deluxe Worsted Tones which has been discontinued.  I got it for $3.49 I think and still have a good bit left over.  I love this colourway.  I have lots of other colours that I am going to use to make other soakers I think.

This pattern was fairly easy but would benefit from a bit of an edit.  The way it is written is pretty conversational, which is okay, but a little distracting I found.

I think the finished soaker is super cute!







1 comment:

  1. Wow what nice things. I knitted the bunny a few weeks ago and I love the bunny. I myself am knitting through that whole book this year. I´m on the Giraffe and I´m almost done with it.

    ReplyDelete