Friday, May 28, 2010

Spring Time in Paris Swap with Itty Bitty Knits Forum

I have written a bit about the current swap going on in the Itty Bitty Knits Forum on Ravelry.  Remember my Frenchie Hat?  That was knit for the swap.





















My swap partner has finally received her package, so now I can share a few more photos.

The knit component of the swap included the hat above (designed by Susan B. Anderson) as well as a pair of socks or booties. I chose to knit the Jelly Bean Baby Socks (also designed by Susan) from the Spud & Chloë blog.















My partner was Becky (AKA gathersnomoss) and she has a son who is just over 1 year old that I was knitting for.  I enjoyed picking out colours that I thought would be cute on him.

I had actually planned to use different yarn and had started another version of the hat in Plymouth Baby Bunny (a cotton blend yarn), but it just wasn't working out, so I gave up on it and used my all time favourite yarn for little ones, Berroco Vintage.

I also included a little stuffed mouse wearing a beret, since it was such a cute pattern and fit with the Springtime in Paris theme.



















Here is the whole package:













I included a book on Paris bakeries, the pattern for French Press Slippers, buttons and yarn to knit the slippers, a Spud & Chloe Pencil Case, some chocolate bars and candies, some dessert erasers with their great little containers, an Eifle Tower stitch marker, a tissue hold, some Canada fridge magnets and some post it notes.

I like these photos because the first few show my front porch before we stained it, and the last photo shows how it looks now.  SO much nicer right?  The white railing looks so crisp next to the stained porch.

I had a great time with this swap and knit a few projects I wouldn't have otherwise knit.  The Frenchie hat just hadn't really appealed to me before I knit it for Becky, but now I want another that is the exact same for me!

I'm still waiting to receive my package and checking the mailbox everyday. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment