Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Not much to share

It's been a few days since I posted and sadly, I don't have much to share.

I have a lot of things on the go right now, but nothing is quite wrapped up enough (or even in progress enough really) share photos.

I continue to work on my quilt, I think I finished the quilting last night, which means it just needs the border.  I have already made the bias cut border and it is all ironed and ready to go.  Maybe that will get finished tonight since it is just so close.

I have two skirts that are nearly done.  One requires a tiny bit of fixing up, a little seem ripping and fabric tucking really, so I must get on that so I can wear it.

I also have 3 new WIPs for knitting.  They are bigger projects, which is hard for me because I always like to see finished projects:

Stefanie Japel's Back-to-School U-Neck Vest - I am knitting this with some OnLine Linie 157 Tessa (100% wool) I picked up at an Odd Ball Sale at Knackers Yarn Warehouse here in Ottawa.  I got 7 balls for $2.50 each.  That'll be $17.50 for the whole vest! The colour is a heathered beige.  It is very similar to the Cascade 220 Doeskin that I made my Mom's French Press Slippers from actually, but that's just a coincidence.  By the way, the slippers fit!  She seemed to really like them and is taking them with her on my parents upcoming trip to Europe.  She thinks they will come in handy on cold stone floors (I agree!).

I'm about 6 inches into the vest, it's going quite well.  The wool has great stitch definition but is a little scratchy.  I think it was a good choice to do a vest out of it since I will always be wearing a shirt underneith.  So far it feels a little stiff, but I'm hoping it will soften with soaking and blocking.

Baby Brrr Bear from Susan B. Anderson's  Three Brrr Bears Pattern - This is a special project for Kimberly's next swap package (Cathcart on Ravelry). The package is set to go out at the end of the month and I still have quite a lot to add to it!  A few things will not be a surprise, because I was really worried Kimberly would order the pattern and supplies to knit this guy herself.  The sock yarn for this project is nice (Spud & Chloe), but I always have a hard time with yarn that is so thin.  I also need to order a fixed circ from Knit Picks to be able to finish this guy.















Mary's Birthday Flower Girl (Pattern: Ladybug & Sunflowers by Jennie Eveleigh Lamond) - I love this pattern but it is time consuming.  I've been trying to get all the little bits done first this time around so I don't stall out toward the end. I have 9 petals done and last night I almost finished the leg.  I'm unsure about my colour choice however, so I might have to rip back and change the colours or add another colour.  I've wanted to make this for Mary's first birthday since the pattern first came out.


I think that's all for now.  I am anxiously waiting for my Springtime in Paris Swap package to arrive.  Also, Cathcart generously sent me some cluster stuff stuffing (can't seem to find it here).  I want to use it in my Baby Brrr Bear so he is super squishy!  I also am waiting for my very first Namaste bag to arrive.  I got it on sale from Hip Mountain Mama.  I can't wait until it gets here!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment