Friday, July 9, 2010

Feeling More Balanced

I had a great time at my pre-natal yoga class last night.  I was the only non-pregnant girl there, which was okay.  The group is small (6 women) with babies due from September through to January. 

I didn't want to go at all.  I was feeling tired and burned out.  It was so hot and humid and I vaguely remembered that the studio didn't have air conditioning (I was right!).  It was the first class though, so I felt I should go.  I didn't want to give myself permission to start skipping classes.  I paid good money for the classes and most importantly, they are good for me.

Yesterday we focused on pelvis strengthening.  It wasn't a terribly difficult class, but I struggled with several things more than I thought I should.  I am hyper-mobile.  All my joints are super loose and can easily be hyper-extended (bent backwords to some extent).  I always need to work on strengthening my joints to make myself more comfortable.  Today I feel good.  Sore, but in a good way.  I feel well rested and more energized. 

Alain is still away, but I'm starting to settle into that too.  We talk often, mostly with me calling him to ask questions or fill him in on doggy stuff.

Our dogs are okay.  They might have kennel cough, but that just needs to run it's course.  I got some ear and eye drops for Kelly, as well as some Glucosamine to help with her joints.  She's been struggling lately with her hips and this should help.  She is 6 years old now, so she's not a young pup any more.  She is also Alain's baby, he adores her so much and I want to protect her so I can protect him.

It has been so hot here for many days.  We hadn't had any rain to break the heat in over a week.  I was away for most of that time, but last night, it finally broke.  It was during yoga class that we felt thunder rumbling.  The instructor opened the windows to let some cooler air in.  As we were doing our final meditations, the most glorious cool breezes were blowing across my face.  It felt so good after working through the yoga class.  As we were doing our final yoga chants, it started to pour.  It felt kind of magical and cooled everything off.

No comments:

Post a Comment