Monday, August 30, 2010

For Kicks Patchwork Ball

I have been seriously busy the past few days and have several sewing FOs to show for it.

I haven't been sewing too much lately. During stressful times, all I want to do is curl up and knit. Things have been better lately, but I couldn't get back into sewing no matter how much I tried.

I have a huge I-Spy Quilt going and it has been weighing me down. This past weekend I finished the quilt top and even stretched the back on as well. I still need to quilt the quilt and then attach a binding. I might not tackle that for a few days, because we are going away on Friday and I'd like to wrap up some other things before that.

One of the sewing projects that was weighing on me was the For Kicks Patchwork Ball by Anna Marie Horner (found in Seams to Me). It wasn't a hard project, but I walked away from it before I finished it and left it for a long time. I got very lost and didn't know how to finish or what step I was one. Eventually I just sat down and experimented with pieces I had left.

It didn't take me too long to figure it out.  I just had 4 pieces left to sew in. 

I like the finished result, although it is far from perfect.  I am trying to accept minor imperfections.  They are part of making things.  Imperfections make an item unique.

I love the fabrics that I chose and even more so because they were all just kicking around in my stash.
 
I had a hard time photographing it in my lightbox because it is so darn big.  It is about the size of a soccer ball.  I'll have to take more photos of it outside before I put it away in the baby box.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment