Sunday, September 12, 2010

Flitting off to Florida

About a month ago, Alain and I were trying to work out what we wanted to do with our upcoming vacation time. Alain and I have been really wanting to see one of our favourite bands live, but they never come to Canada, ever.

We started looking at their current tour and where they were playing. At first we were going to drive there, but as I looked, a little light went off in my head. Paramore (the band we are seeing) was playing in Orlando... It turns out it is very cheap to fly to Florida from here. We quickly found a place to stay and a car rental too. We got a great deal!
We were hoping to meet up with Janelle (Johnsie4 on Ravelry also, Pretty Little Knit Stitches at prettystitches.wordpress.com/) but her husband has been quite sick lately and they couldn't join us (Get well soon!). 
Alain and I arrived in Florida late on Friday.  Our concert was on Sunday.  We did some shopping and visited the Kennedy Space Centre and Cocoa Beach.

I didn't get in too much knitting, but did work on a few projects (mostly during air travel).

I mostly finished a baby sweater.  It needs to be blocked before I post photos.  Ravelry page here.
I started and finished the Pumpkin Hat I need for Gwen.  I will be sending 3 hats off to her very soon!  Ravelry page here.

I also started and finished a cell phone cozy for my new phone.  I don't really have much use for a cell phone, it's for emergency purposes only.  It was time for a new one though, so I got one that has a keyboard to make texting easier.  This project was super fast and used up some of my dip-dyed yarn (also used in my Squishies).















No comments:

Post a Comment