Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fall Bulbs

This week I went ahead and ordered a bunch of fall bulbs that will make my gardens beautiful next spring and summer.  I know, the things I ordered are not edible, but they will bring in lots of beneficial insects that will help to pollinate my fruits and veggies.

Every year I say that I am going to order bulbs, but I never do.  The fact that I got organized enough to actually order some things this year is very exciting.

Rainbow Alliums

Tulip Blend (purples and pinks)


Coneflowers


Dutch Iris Mix

Border Lilies

Dizzy Oriental Lily

Mixed Windflower


















I can't believe I have to wait a whole 6 months before I will see all these flowers blooming!  How do people stand the anticipation?


2 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, I can hardly wait to see pictures of them in bloom come next spring :-) My Mom used to have coneflowers in her garden and they were one of my favourites, and my sister has some oriental lilies that are just lovely. I'm sure you will get lots of enjoyment out of all these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one little coneflower. If I had known you were bulb shopping, I would have gifted you all of our irises that I dug up! Seriously, the previous owner was in love with them... they were everywhere!

    ReplyDelete