Monday, December 27, 2010

TTC - Month 1 (July, 2010)

While Alain was away at the beginning of the month I took the opportunity to make some doctor and dentist appointments. I got everything checked out to make sure that I was ready for making a baby. I was! My health had been good and the pre-natal vitamins I'd been taking helped to make sure that I had everything I needed should I get pregnant.

Alain returned home on July 19. We talked about having a baby almost right away and Alain agreed that April was not too soon to have a baby (ie. 9 months from that point). I really didn't want to be pregnant all summer (at least not during the hottest parts of the summer), so sooner, rather than later was my preference.

We got started right away, casually though. I decided not to take my basal body temperature (BBT). I had done it before and although it would help determine whether I had ovulated during the month, it wouldn't tell us until after the fact and wouldn't really help our initial TTC efforts. I had done the temping before and just wasn't interested in it. We just started just playing to see what would happen.

Right when Alain got home I had felt like I was ovulating. I had a bit of a pain in one of my sides on Saturday the 20th. We tried that night and again over the next few days.

Of course, in the weeks following I felt like I had every symptom of early pregnancy. I was really tired a few nights, yawning at 7:30 and in bed by 9:30. I was peeing a lot. I took a few pregnancy tests (from the dollar store!) over the next few weeks but eventually got my period. My cycle was about 34 days that month (very short for me) and according to an online fertilitiy calculator I had ovulated before Alain returned home.

No comments:

Post a Comment