Monday, January 17, 2011

First Trimester Pregnancy Journal: Week 7

This week we had our first OB appointment.  We are ultimately hoping for a midwife, but apparently calling at 5 weeks pregnant isn't early enough, so I'm on a waiting list for now.  We chose our OB based on the hospital we want to deliver in, which is outside of the major city centre.  We have heard good things about the hospital (and the doctor too) and it has a newly renovated maternity ward which includes water baths and private rooms. 

I hope that we can get a quick tour of the facilities next week when we head there for our first ultrasound.  Yep that's right!  We're doing prenatal screening for genetic anomalies and that requires fairly precise fetal dating.  At 8 weeks we should be able to see the beating heart and the babies big head!

I continue to feel good, although I am perpetually slow moving.  I did have a few bad days this week, baby must be growing fast and slowing me down.  I don't mind.  I feel incredibly lucky.  I have a husband who doesn't mind (too much) when I somehow spend the entire afternoon staring at the wall from my position on the couch.  Seriously, who does that?  Me.  The crazy pregnant staring lady.  Okay, it's not really that bad.  It feels bad though, I am always doing something (usually knitting) and this week for the first time in two years, I had a few days that I didn't knit at all.  I try to take it easy on myself, this too will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment