Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Second Trimester Pregnancy Journal: Week 13


At 13 weeks, I definitely have a belly.  These photos are never super representative, because we take them in the morning, and my belly is definitely much bigger at night.

I'm excited to start the second trimester.  Risks for the baby go way down at this point.

This week are are also starting prenatal classes!

Alain is so busy with work right now, I miss him terribly.  I have made great friends with some other preggy-ravelry girls, all of us are due in July, 2011.  I feel like they have become my constant companions.

I am back to knitting full force, although I struggle choosing projects that are gender neutral.  I can't wait until we find out the gender of the baby (only 7 more weeks!).

Overall I feel quite good.  I am up 10 pounds from my normal weight.  That had pretty much been my first trimester goal.  It might seem like a lot, but I was a little underweight to beginning with (at least according to the BMI) and ultimately I think I'm supposed to gain between 25 and 40 lbs as a result.  I have never weighed as much as I weigh now, but that's okay.  I know it means the baby is growing and staying healthy.

1 comment:

  1. 2nd trimester already, and you're still pretty slim. :)

    ReplyDelete