Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Weekend Update

We are back from a whirlwind weekend of visiting family and friends in my hometown.  The drive was hard for me and I could barely walk by the time we got home on Sunday night, but I am feeling much better now and looking forward to a massage tonight.

We had our baby shower this weekend and my family and friends were so generous.  We got A LOT of clothing, as well as a few of the larger items off of the registry I created (playard, highchair, bathtub, exersaucer).  Baby and I feel so blessed to have so many fabulous friends and family!

Here is the pile of gifts we brought back with us. 




















Some of the large things needed to be left behind since we were traveling with the two dogs in the back of the car.  The gift bags are all packed to the brims with stuff.  It took me half the day yesterday to go through it all.

We also did a photoshoot with a good friend of mine, which turned out really great.  I'll post a bunch of the photos soon, I promise.

One thing I am a little sad about is that we didn't get remember to get photos with my parents, or my grandparents, or my mom and my sister at the shower.  It was just such a crazy weekend.  I'm sad that baby won't be able to see how I look carrying her, with her grandparents, and her greatgrandparents.  We won't be back to visit again with my grandparents before she arrives either.  Every time I think about it it makes me very glum, so I try not to think about it.... haha... that's been my strategy throughout this whole pregnancy, distract myself from sad moods.  Usually it works.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had such an enjoyable weekend and hooray for baby showers! :)

    I wish I had more pictures of me when I was carrying Xan-man. I only have a handful. But once he arrived - whoosh! TONS of photos! :)

    Enjoy putting everything in it's place and preparing for the baby in the last couple months. :)

    Btw- hows your fruit garland coming?

    ReplyDelete