Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My First Comment!

What fun to check the blog today and see that I had a comment!  It was from my new friend Barb over at Knitting thru the "itty bittys".  What fun!  Thanks for visiting Barb, and thanks for leaving a comment. 

Barb: You still didn't tell me your ravelry user name so I can look you up! 
Everyone: I can be found on Ravelry as Melissabear.

I have been following Barb's blog for the past week or so, she is knitting her way through Susan B. Anderson's Itty Bitty books. It's fun to hear about her progress through the knit toys, hats and baby items.  Her journey is just beginning - be sure to check it out. 

Susan B. Anderson is one of my favourite knitting designers.  I have already made lots of her stuff to give as gifts and you can bet that while I prepare for a baby, I will be doing lots MORE knitting from her books! You can check out her great blog here. Susan is alway doing lots of fun and crafty stuff.

So, what am I doing to prepare for a baby?

Yesterday I:
  • Looked for a new job - no luck.  Nothing new posted, that I haven't already applied for, that I was interested in, or that I am qualified for
  • Read some of "What to Expect: The First Year".  I should probably start with "What to Expect When You're Expecting", but the first year book was just there waiting to be put away, and it had all sorts of information about when babies do what, which I find interesting.  I slipped off to sleep thinking about all the games I could play with a baby.  Normally, I'm thinking about knitting as I fall asleep, so this was a change!
  • I knit A LOT, for me for once, which made me happy.  A happy mom is a good mom right?

No comments:

Post a Comment