Monday, February 1, 2010

Nesting

It's been -20 Celcius here for the past week. Let me tell you, that is Cold (with a capital C).  No one wants to go out much when it is that cold!  Home organization, cooking, cleaning and general nesting ensues.

I told you yesterday that we bought some new sheets to go with our new duvet cover.  Here is the promo photograph for the set:
















Pretty right?  The duvet cover is reversible, one side is the cream with gold (?) leaves, the other side is gold with cream leaves (shown folded down).  The sheet set has leaves embroidered on the hem.

The set is from Distinctly Home and sold at the Bay (a Canadian Company, or rather, it used to be).  I'm pretty sure it's a house brand.  The whole set costs about $500, which is why we are buying it piece by piece when it is on sale.  Who has $500 to spend on bedding these days?  The individual pillow shams (shown against the headboard) cost $40 each.  That's just crazy to me!  I think we might skip those. 

As part of our nesting, we have plans to paint our room a mocha colour to match this set.  It probably won't get done right away though, we're on septic and can't wash paint brushes down the drain for fear of ruining the septic bed.  I think painting is better done in the summer when we can wash the brushes outside.

This week I'm preparing for a baby by gathering supplies for a whole bunch of baby projects - some sewing and some knitting.  I just ordered in a bunch of felt for a fun project from etsy supplier KandCSupplies

The felt is Ecofi felt and is made of 100% recycled post-consumer plastic bottles.  It is washable and I am going to get 34 colours!  I looked for felt at my local Michael's and was sad when I realised that the felt out there is pretty crappy (no pretty colours, feels alls stiff, etc).  I loved felt when I was a kid - what is the world coming to when you have to order felt online?  I'm just not sure!  I do like the idea of the Ecofi felt, I'm happy they can find a new use for plastic bottle, so I'm glad I found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment