Friday, February 26, 2010

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast!

Sometimes I find it impossible being crafty. I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off. I feel, Overwhelmed.

I know that the internet is my biggest problem. There is just SO MUCh inspiration out there, I get, well, Overwhelmed.

I currently have 8 knitting projects lined up for the next few months. Swaps, gifts and some knitting for a baby will already keep me very busy. But that isn't enough.
Of course, I always have lots of other ideas for stuff I could be making. Today I have been bit by the quilting bug. I am dying to use my tree fabric for a quilt that looks something like this.


This is a Simple Modern Baby Quilt by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!

 
I LOVE IT. And is says its simple... but I'd need to buy another pattern... hmm, my secret credit card (the one I use for crafty purchases) is already impossibly high this month...

Not worry, Elizabeth has a lot of great information on her Quilt-Along page to get you started if you're not ready to commit to the Simple Modern Baby Quilt. [Edit: I WAS ready and have purchased my pattern, let the quilting begin!]

I think the only thing that saves me from being TOO overwhelmed is my drive to finish things. I'm not the type of girl to start projects and not finish them (at least, not usually). The other thing that saves me from being Too overwhelmed is my very patient husband, who so far has not thrown up his arms in dispair (not on too many occasions) at the state of our house or my projects, or my craftyness in general. Bless him!

I have finally finished the take home exam for the job I am applying for. It ended up being 30 pages long and I am so glad to be done with it! Please cross your fingers for me over the next few months. I really want that job!

PS.  Elizabeth has lots more quilts and quilt patterns to be inspired by on her site, please check it out.
PPS. Photo credit goes to Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson!
 
PPPS.  The title of this blog is from Through the Looking Glass

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa,
    Your baby quilt is adorable!! I would love to make it as well, but not able to get the pattern from Elizabeth Hartman's pattern collection. Would you be able to share with me any other information that could help find it? I clicked on your link for the pattern, but it's unavailable at this time.
    Thank you! ~ Chrisann

    ReplyDelete