Friday, April 23, 2010

Things are looking Up, Maybe...

This week has been a difficult one. I have been recovering from a pinched nerve in my neck. It has meant a lot of discomfort and resting and less knitting. Tuesday was the worst, I called in sick and just rested the whole day. By Wednesday I was still quite sore, but tired of looking and feeling ill. I got up and got dressed and it helped a lot (I now fully believe in the idea - Look Good, Feel Better!).

Each day things have gotten a little better. I have most of my range of motion back today, which is nice. The intense pain down my arm also seems to be subsiding. Thank goodness.

The ray of sunshine for the whole week was my Spring Package from Cathcart which arrived unexpectantly on Wednesday. What a treat it is to be showered in treats and knit gifts by a wonderful friend. Her package was lovely and her knits for me were flawless. I am so lucky to have such a kind and generous friend. Check out all the great stuff she sent in the photo below.















She got my package too, which I am excited about finally being able to share with you (tomorrow). She was very happy with everything I sent her, including my knits, which made me happy too.

I hope the weekend is better, but now it seems that my DH is quite ill. He was up sick most of the night and has only now settled down for a few minutes. He never gets sicks like this so it is quite worrying to me. I have been running around with lysol wipes and crossing my fingers that I don't get what he has!

Here are some photos we snapped of me with my new knits yesterday.  I feel like these photos look silly, but I was cold and hopefully I am just being paranoid.  Ah well, the knits are lovely!  The scarf is Just Enough Ruffles and the gloves are the Welted Fingerless Gloves.  They both match my Side Slip Cloche.
















I love the Itty Bitty Fruits she sent me too.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment