Friday, July 16, 2010

Ducks in a Row

Over the next few weeks I will be getting all my ducks in a row before trying to conceive. I have booked a prenatal dentist appointment as well as a prenatal doctors appointment.

All this makes me nervous and excited. I think we are actually going to start trying to conceive soon. I'm a little torn about that whole process. Part of me just wants to see what happens, especially since my cycles are incredibly irregular. The other part of me wants to micromanage the whole thing to get the best odds. That can be so stressful though, I doubt we will end up taking that approach.

I've been off the pill for a year now, but I was never regular before I went on the pill and that hasn't really changed yet. Sometimes my cycles are a little long (30 days or so) and sometimes they are really long (50 or more). It makes it hard to really know when I am ovulating. Since things were so wacky, I got everything checked out in January to make sure I was actually ovulating. Things were all fine and my doctor just suggested it may take a little longer since I can't predict as others might be able to.

I had another yoga class last night and I really enjoyed myself. It is so relaxing and it feels good to work out and stretch myself out. Yesterday we worked on pain tolerance. Everything feels very practical and helpful.

I was talking to Alain before bed and told him that I really enjoyed the class, but thought I would enjoy it a little more if I were actually pregnant. He paused and said, "Couldn't I just buy you a pair of lululemon pants instead? That would be cheaper." I laughed out loud, a big belly laugh. I can't wait for him to get home (tomorrow!).

1 comment:

  1. I am also knitting my own little hope chest for a baby. my husband and i have been off the pill for 18 months and were using nfp (sympto-thermal) to track my cycles. i would highly recommend getting a basal body temp thermometer to help you see if you're ovulating (additionally, the book taking charge of your fertility) to help you understand what your body is going through. i've been on clomid for the past months trying to get my body to ovulate (after i had a 100 day cycle, usually mine were between 42-55, but always weird before the pill). best of luck!

    ReplyDelete