Friday, January 14, 2011

New knits...

I am starting to get my knitting mojo back.  Thank goodness!  It made me incredibly sad when I just didn't feel like knitting.  That is so unlike me.

I have been addicted to Malabrigo Worsted these days.  It is just so cushy and soft, I can't wait to put it on the baby.  I don't care that it's handwash only, and that it will pill.  I've made mostly newborn size stuff, so I know it won't get worn for long before it is outgrown.

I am getting into knitting shorties and longies to cover our cloth diaper baby. I feel like I will need so many of of these for the diapering period. 

I decided to use up a bunch of little bits of malabrigo for a pair of shorties.  Our baby will be born in the heat of July and will need to keep cool.  I love the way these turned out.  I am very into the folded over waistband and ankles.  I think they make the shorties look very polished.

I love how all my scraps have become something great.  The colours just flowed together.  I know they are a little boyish, but oh well. 













Project page here

1 comment:

  1. Yes, a little boyish, but you may be having a baby boy!

    ReplyDelete