Monday, June 20, 2011

Slowing Down...

I am 36 weeks now and quickly approaching full term.  I am one tired mama! 

I try to keep up with my husband, but it's just not possible anymore.  At least things on the home front are much more settled these days and our renovations are pretty much complete.

I have been cleaning and organizing and preparing for baby, but if she were to turn up today, we'd be okay (except for diapers, we don't get our diaper service diapers until July 4th, but it is unlikely she will turn up this early, after all). 

This weekend we installed the carseat and I pulled together most of what we will need for our homebirth.  We're waiting on a birthtub, which I won't get until early July, but again, it's pretty unlikely that I will go earlier than that.

I am still knitting, although slowly these days.  It's more about the process than churning things out.  I have to admit, it's nice to slow down. 

I recently finished this dolly, for an informal knitalong with the Itty Bitty Knits group on Ravelry.



















The pattern is from Itty Bitty Toys by Susan B. Anderson.  I am currently working on her little dress.  I think she will be the perfect companion for baby (eventually).

Here is what my craft studio is looking like these days.














Last week I made 2 fitted crib sheets.  I'll share those soon.  This week I need to make some wet bags.  I've decided to use this pattern from Little Birdie Secrets.

I should also share some updated photos of the nursery.  I'll do that soon too, I promise!

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I have major studio envy! That doll is super adorable :)

    ReplyDelete